Monday, January 1, 2007

my stop smoking step-by-step algorithm

I have got some emails about how did I stopped smoking. Yes, I have quitted smoking in about one year ago (!) and I don't smoke now and … I'm not going to smoke later.
I'm interested in helping others to stop smoking, so I writing in this blog about how to stop smoking, how to support yourself and what the secret is.
Personally, I used a herbal medicine to quite, but I don't think it's a must-have thing for anyone. So my "how to" for stopping smoking.

1. Think about what makes you think about cigarette? Is it some problem or some person or something else. I'm sure it's not possible to eliminate this, but think about this and know what it is;
2. Select one of the methods to give up with smoking. There are a lot of methods available on-line, I'd recommend to browse Wikipedia, this a good, trusted resource for any aspect of your life, stopping smoking too.
3. Get motivation! It's simple, but you always need to remember "WHY?"
4. Try it. It should not be a year-run, but it also shouldn't be a one-day attempt. I'm sure it will take from about 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months.
5. Did this help? What the problem was? Let's solve this problem and try again or try again another method.

This is what I followed, I've finally stopped at herbal medicine, but it did help me at once, I had to try a lot before I have got a results.

No comments: